STORYTELLER

spin a story that takes you on that journey Alladin promises to take Jasmine on... to .. A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!

Monday, June 06, 2005

THE STORY WITHOUT A TITLE

CHAPTER 1

The Morning

“Today I am going to straight to the multiplex, I will meet Prakriti and then we will catch a movie. I think we will have lunch outside. I will be late, say 10. Should I get something for you on my way, ma?
Then I am off.”

I suppose, I ought to have met her more often, this time everything has been such a mess, I can’t believe, in two days time I will have to go back to Mumbai and then the office routine will begin. I was looking forward to starting a new job, but now I feel I had some more time to spend here. I hope she isn’t too upset. She sounded rather formal.
***

“Well, dad please drop me off in front off at the Metro.”
“Where are you going?”
“I will take a Metro to the Multiplex.”

Really, what does he think? Any day he will give me a call, I will cancel all my work and meet him. I guess I am over reacting. He has just two days more, before he leaves, I guess he really wants to meet me. I can’t think, he will join work in Mumbai, I guess we will hardly get time to meet the next time Deepak is here. Two professionals, and no longer friends, I guess one has to grow up sometime.
How many years has it been? Five long years. The first day in college and since then, such a long journey, so many heartaches, and heart burns, and we always found each other. Such friendships are so hard to find. I wonder at times what if he had responded to my infatuation with him in the first year of college, I think we would make a good couple. But if the relationship hadn’t lasted I think I would have lost my best friend.
“Taxi.”
***

It is so sunny, I can’t believe it, and I shouldn’t have asked her to come out in this heat. I hope she doesn’t fall sick. Where is she?

Oh god! I think I will faint in this heat, what an idiot Deepak is!
“Excuse me!”
“Yes! Me?” “How may I help you?”
“Could you tell me where this address is?”
“Address? Well, let me see … hey what the hell? What are you doing? Stop it. What the hell? Is this a joke?”
***

Where is Deepak? Always late. Ufff!! I can’t believe this.
***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home